Privacy and Cookies Policy
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that you feel informed about how we manage your privacy. Please read this policy carefully.
The Little Wedding Company Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 8067964 of registered office is Dawes Road Hub, 20 Dawes Road, Fulham, London SW6 7EN (referred to as “TLWC”, “The Little Wedding Company”, “Demelzas” or “us” or “our” or “we”) is the Data Controller and is responsible for your personal data. References to “you” or “your” are to users or viewers of our website.
By using our website you accept the terms of this policy (together with our Terms and Conditions) and authorise us (and our data processors) to process your personal data in accordance with the policy and for the purpose of using the website.
What type of data do we collect from you?
We collect data in four ways:
- If you sign-up to receive our newsletter, occasional news, inspirational ideas, discounts and information about competitions (“Communications”), we will collect the following information from you:
- Your name (as used in your username)
- Your securely encrypted password
- Your email address
You can opt-out of our emails at any time using the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in the email.
- When you place an order we will collect the following information in order to fulfil the order:
- Your name or name of person we are shipping to
- Your billing and shipping address
- Your telephone number
- Your email address
- When you raise an enquiry or contact us we will collect the following information from you:
- Your name
- Your telephone number
- Your email address
- Your IP address
- Your browser settings (type of browser, browser language, time zone)
- Your location
How is your data used?
- Send you Communications that you have signed up for
- Performing our contract with you
- Respond to your questions and related customer service
- Website identification – Providing you access to our website and if you have set one up, your profile and/ or account on it, identify you as a registered user when you log in to the website and return to the website
- Internal business purposes including but not limited data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, improving and developing our website and new products and services, improving and modifying the website, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities
- Complying with our legal obligations
How and where do we store your personal data ?
We have appropriate security measures in place to minimise the risk of your personal data being inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data in accordance with industry practice, due to the nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our website. Once we have received your personal data, we use processes and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to, or loss, misuse, disclosure or modification of the personal data that you provide to us.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as we need to fulfil the purposes we collected it for and to meet any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. In determining how long we keep it, we will consider the nature, quantum and sensitivity of the information, purpose we use it, impact of unauthorised use or disclosure, and the applicable legal requirements.
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the provision of technical and support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
Disclosure of your information
We limit access to your personal data to third parties who have a business need to know in line with our lawful right for processing or as required by law. Such third parties shall include suppliers who dispatch products directly to you, technical service providers (technology hosting/ support services, email delivery and related services), professional advisers, legal, tax and regulatory bodies. If we are acquired or merged with another company, your personal data may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sl products and services to you.
We have data processing agreements in place with these data processors and it follows that they must act solely in accordance with our instructions.
You have the right to exercise the following rights in respect of your personal data, for full details please see https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/:
- Request access to a copy of your personal data we hold to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of your personal data to correct incomplete and/ or inaccurate personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure, deletion and/ or removal of your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing or where we have no lawful reason to continue to process it.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on reasonable grounds.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data through suspension of processing to allow you to better assess its accuracy or the reason for processing it or retaining it.
- Withdraw consent where we are relying on your consentin the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data for a specific purpose (subject to our right to process on legitimate basis under the Legislation).
- Request the transfer of your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format to you or another party. Please be aware that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that before we can respond to your request, we may contact you and ask you for certain information to identity you and verify your rights of access. There is no fee payable to exercise your rights, however depending on the nature and circumstances of the request a fee may be payable and/ or your request refused. We will do our best to respond to you within one month, sometimes it may take us longer depending on the complexity or scope of request. In this case, we keep you updated with timeline.
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, this policy. This policy and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
Changes to Policy
We may make changes to this policy at any time, all changes will be posted on this page. Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately upon their posting on the website. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy and cookies policy. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here that it has been updated, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we use and/or disclose it.
If you have any questions about this policy or requests to access or correct personal data then please contact us at email@example.com